Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coffee talk: All we have to do is believe

Let's talk straight!!! Your trying to make changes in your life but just can't seem to make that connection. You have such great intentions on making positive changes but are being held back by the one's who call you FRIEND. How can this be you ask yourself? These are the people that are supposed to be supportive in my journey for better health? Why is it they make fun of the effort I put into making changes that will benefit my life long term?

The answer is they too are afraid of change. They see the fire in your eyes but do not know how to make that same connection as you have so they become afraid of change and lash out on what is making them feel uncomfortable....Your desire to Change! Unfortunately, there can only be two ways to handle the negativity you face. You either embrace the fact that they are in a hard place and do not know how to express it properly or you let them go....yes that is what I said. My roommate from school once told me that if you have a friend that leaves you always feeling frusterated and drained then you need to rethink why that person is in your life.

That phrase has always stuck with me. In my own life i have had my share of nay sayers and have always wanted to help them see that they too can achieve greatness but the funny thing is sometimes they are so far in their own stuff that they cannot see how they are treating you. That is when you have to make the decision to let it go!! Toxic people will only bring you down. Think about it this way. You are standing on a chair and you want to help the person on the floor up to where you are but u cant. If you do there is a greater chance that they will bring you down to their level then you to bring them up to where you are. Toxicity is like cancer it will devour whatever is in its path.

The only way to move forward in you journey for good health and peace of mind is to let the point of pain in your life go. But with all of this toxicity you are left with a hurt in your heart. The only way to move forward is to LET IT GO. Give it to God. Ask God to see these types of people thru his eyes. Even Jesus was criticized in his own town and he dusted off his feet and never returned. So, there is a time and a place to LET IT GO. Ask God to help you forgive the person that has hurt you and LET IT GO.
God will meet you and me where we are at in our journey. We have this one life that is given to us. How are you going to spend the days that God has given you? Are you going to let toxic people take hold of your life....cause that is what happens when we do not forgive the wrong they have done to us. You give them the power to hold you down even when they are not their anymore.

When we forgive we are set free!! We are free to live life to the fullest!! We are free to pursue what God has planned for us !! We are free to achieve greatness!! We are free to become what we were meant to be!! That my friends is the truest gift from above!!! The gift that God will always have our backs!!! Jesus will always walk in when friends and family walk out!! All we have to do is believe. Believe that life doesnt have to be us surrounded by people that just want to bring us down!!

I do not know why it was on my heart to write these words? But, I am glad I did for I feel that by sharing my heart I can affect one person that might read these words. To all my friends and family that read this blog.....you are loved!! Not just by me but by the one who is closest to my heart....Jesus.:O)

No comments: